We specialize in the integration of long-term change into current conservation management decisions. Our research is focussed around four major programmes, with the addition of a biocontrol research programme, outlined below. While our emphasis is on producing high-quality publications in the peer-reviewed literature, our research themes also guide the education and outreach activities of the staff at the PCU.
The research programmes are:
- Landscape History & Palaeoecology
- Land Use & Sustainable Development
- Disturbance & Restoration Ecology
- Biodiversity, Conservation & Management
- Biological Control of Invasive Tree Species